Through photography, I like to capture the human presence interacting with its environment. The feelings and the ideas that arose during the shooting start developing in front of my eyes as I edit my photographs. I also know that performing subtle modifications, like accentuating the shadows or manipulating the colors, are crucial to connect and transfer emotions to my audience. On the other hand, there are always questions that arise when revisiting the photos while I work on them, because images tend to address unspoken issues. For example, pictures of barefoot children that are probably not children in their minds anymore, or sights of human manifestations regardless of people's presence, are central in my work.
Throughout my life, I have been in many places far away from my hometown, for very long periods of time. That physical distance has allowed me to space myself from my origins and discover new values beyond my own culture. That experience has enlarged my horizons, and I strive to capture and share the emotions and experiences through my images. I guess I have become an observer and a storyteller of the human presence.
About Carlos Bueno
Carlos Bueno, is a Miami based photographer originally from Brazil. Formally trained as a civil engineer, Bueno has been in touch with photography since the early age of 11 when his grandfather gave him a camera as a gift. By the age of 15, he had already built his own darkroom at home.
During his college years, he developed an interest for industrial design and the influence of Bauhaus, which definitively was a significant element of inspiration in his work. His enthusiasm for the practice, lead him to be the one the founders of the Photo Club at the Pontíficia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro.
Throughout his life as a professional, Carlos has gained tremendous experience in large construction projects, this has allowed him the opportunity to travel and live at remote countries. One constant in so many changes has been photography. Therefore, it is not a surprise that his work has develop into a both technically and aesthetically excelent pieces.
• VILLA LISSONI - RITZ CARLTON RESIDENCES MIAMI BEACH - Permanent collection
• ART & DESIGN GALLERY - MIAMI - "DOCUMENTA" - Group show - August 2017
• PHOTOPLACE GALLERY - VERMONT - "WATER" - Group show - MAY - June 2018
• PHOTOPLACE GALLERY - VERMONT - "CAPTURING THE LIGHT" - Group show - April 2018
• LACDA -LOS ANGELES CENTER FOR DIGITAL ART -"ELECTRON SALON "- Group show - April May 2018
• LACDA -LOS ANGELES CENTER FOR DIGITAL ART- "ELECTRON SALON"- Group Show– June July 2018
• PHOTOPLACE GALLERY - VERMONT - "STILL LIFE: ELEVATING THE MONDAINE" - Group show - August 2018
• DOCUMENTA II: “RELIGIOSITY & CIVILIZATION “– POMPANO BEACH – Group show – January 2019
"ART & SOUL " : Business for the Arts - Broward - Group show - April 2019
"ART FROM THE HEART" :Family Resource Center of South Florida - Group show - Miami - April 2019
• GALLERY - VERMONT - "WATER 2019" - Group show - July 2019
• LIGHT SPACE TIME ONLINE GALLERY - "PRIMARY COLORS" - 2nd Place Overall - July 2019